Trusted Information for Your Research Needs
The Government Research Service (GRS) is a special section of the Palm Beach County Library System providing a full range of research, information, and document delivery services to government clients, staff, and elected officials located in Palm Beach County. Since its inception in 1989, the mission of the GRS section is to meet the research needs of its clients in the areas of article and government document retrieval, local demographic information, and ongoing specialized research. This website is designed to assist GRS clients and the public in locating government resources.
- ACCESS Florida The ACCESS Florida system allows users to apply for public assistance, including the Food Assistance Program, Temporary Cash Assistance Program, and Medicaid.
- Community Action Program Application for Services The Palm Beach County Department of Community Services online application system allows users to apply for benefits including monetary assistance with paying rent and utility bills.
- Florida Jobs CONNECT Florida's Online Reemployment Assistance System allows users to file a claim online for unemployment benefits.
- myUSCIS The United States Citizenship & Immigration Services provides up-to-date information about the application process for immigration benefits, tools to help you prepare for naturalization, and resources to find citizenship preparation classes and doctors in your local community.
- Social Security Express The Social Security Administration provides online access to a variety of services including applying for benefits, requesting a replacement Social Security card, and printing benefit verification letters.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs eBenefits The Department of Veterans Affairs eBenefits webpage provides Service Members, Veterans, their families, and authorized caregivers with a single sign-on, central access point to clinical and benefits information.
- U.S. Passports & International Travel The U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs provides an online tool for travelers to fill out and print their passport application.
- Municipal Government Web Pages Links to official municipal government websites in Palm Beach County.
- Palm Beach County League of Cities Membership organization for 38 municipalities in Palm Beach County.
- E-Government Services An official State of Florida portal to E-Government Services & Forms.
- Florida and U.S. Documents A digital guide to state and federal public documents and library depository sites.
- Public Meetings & Agendas County government meeting and workshop agendas with access to archived meeting minutes and videos.
- Vital Records & Archives Find family records and state, federal or international archives using the Library's 'Genealogy Research' site.
- Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners The Board of County Commissioners serves as the legislative body for the county government. This site includes maps to help residents determine their district and provides contact information for all 7 county commissioners.
- Palm Beach County Clerk & Comptroller The Clerk & Comptroller provides court services and safeguards public funds and records for County government.
- Palm Beach County Government The official web site of the Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners and departments.
- Palm Beach County Property Appraiser Homestead exemption information and a searchable “PAPA” database are provided by the Property Appraiser.
- Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office The official web site of Sheriff’s Office allows access to county law enforcement services.
- Palm Beach County Tax Collector Business and residential tax collection information and searchable records are found on this site.
- Supervisor of Elections Constitutional officer provides election resources for Palm Beach County such as election results, early voting sites and absentee ballots.
Demographics & Census
- American FactFinder Your Census source for detailed housing, population, economic, and statistical data.
- BEBR – University of Florida Economic and demographic data about Florida and its local areas.
- EDR – Florida Legislature The Economic & Demographic Research Office’s estimating and forecasting data for Florida.
- U.S. Census Bureau Access to Census research, newsroom, data, and geographic information.
FEMA Flood Control Library
- FEMA Resources The Federal Emergency Management Agency's full-text "Resource & Document Library."
- Library’s FEMA Documents FEMA document holdings archived and indexed in the Library's automated catalog.
- Palm Beach County Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan The goal of the Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP) is to outline the primary organizational structure, roles, and responsibilities of all partner or stakeholder agencies and organizations before, during, and after a disaster.
- Palm Beach County Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance The objectives of this Ordinance are to promote safety; minimize expenditure of public money and the need for rescue and relief efforts associated with flooding; minimize prolonged business interruptions and damage to public facilities and utilities located in flood prone areas; and to help maintain a stable tax base by providing for the sound use and development of flood prone areas in such a manner as to minimize adverse impact of new buildings and to minimize future flood blight areas; and to ensure that those obtaining building permits and potential buyers are notified of property that is in an SFHA.
- Palm Beach County Flood Zone Map Viewer The Palm Beach County Flood Zone Map viewer application allows residents to type in their address and see their flood zone designation.
- Palm Beach County Post Disaster Redevelopment Plan The Post Disaster Redevelopment Plan (PDRP) is intended to serve as a single source, countywide document to promote, assist and facilitate post and pre-disaster decisions and actions relating to long-term community recovery, reconstruction and economic redevelopment following major or catastrophic disasters.
- Palm Beach County Recovery Plan The Palm Beach Disaster Recovery Plan provides an operational overview and organizational framework which will be implemented during the four phases of the disaster recovery process.
- Palm Beach County Unified Local Mitigation Strategy The purpose of the Palm Beach County LMS is to develop and execute an ongoing unified strategy for reducing the community’s vulnerability to identified natural, technological and societal hazards.
- Storm Tide Atlas Palm Beach County This Atlas provides maps which depict storm tide heights and the extent of stillwater, storm surge coastal flooding inundation from hurricanes of five different intensities in Palm Beach County.
- Benefits, Loans & Grants Your online source to find and apply for federal funds, grants, and loans.
- Congress.Gov A new information database for searching U.S. Congress bills, laws, and journals.
- The White House – President’s Home Page The official site for presidential actions, executive orders, and proclamations.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs The official website of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs where veterans can find and apply for education, health, and other benefits.
- USA.gov The official portal to federal agencies, departments, and services.
- County & State Digital Maps The Library System's guide to county and Florida electronic mapping resources.
- Municipal E-Map Sources The Library System’s guide to cities in Palm Beach County with digital map sites.
Schools & Special Districts
- School District of Palm Beach County School Board policies, meetings, and departments.
- Special Districts Information and contacts for special taxing districts in Palm Beach County created by the Florida Legislature.
- E-Government Help Form Submit questions about government resources and services online via home or office computers. Use "Type of Inquiry" menu for area of interest.
- Get Help Florida Quickly and easily locate local, state and federal agencies that can assist with many needs- consumer complaints, child care, food and shelter needs, medical assistance, resources for veterans, and more
- Public Records Requests Palm Beach County Government's central point-of-contact site for all county public records and DVD meeting requests.
- Florida Government Information Florida Department of State’s guide to departments, agencies, and the Cabinet.
- Florida Legislature – Online Sunshine Access Florida Senate & House of Representatives bills and laws.
- MyFlorida.com The official portal to State of Florida information and services.
- Office of the Governor The Governor’s executive orders, press releases, and bill actions are found here.
- The Florida Handbook The official guide to Florida's history, government, economy, nature and demographics.
- Legal Online Resources The Library's digital guide to county, state and federal laws and regulations, consumer and legal how-to sites, and legal forms and case law databases.
- Library Database Resources The Library System provides access to electronic databases in the areas of business, law, current events, health, demographics and education.