Get a Library Card
Join the Palm Beach County Library System and tap into a world of endless possibilities! Residents of Palm Beach County, including residents of some unincorporated areas within the county, can apply for their free Library card at their favorite Palm Beach County Library System branch. Additionally, children living or attending a Palm Beach County School may also apply for a free card. Get Started today!
What you need
You can get a library card at any of our locations with photo identification and proof of current address. For address verification, bring one of the following:
Proof of Current Address
- Florida driver's license.
- Florida voter’s registration card.
- Rental receipt, lease, or deed.
- Postmarked mail (must be accompanied by ID verifying name).
- Vehicle registration.
- Checks imprinted with name and address.
- Vehicle insurance card.
- Condo ID with address.
- Palm Beach County tax bill with library tax included.
Who can get a Library card?
If you live in any of the places below, you can sign up fo a free Library card!
List of Municipalities
|Jupiter Inlet Colony
|Lake Clarke Shores
|Palm Beach Gardens
|Palm Beach Shores
|Royal Palm Beach
|South Palm Beach
List of cities in the Library Cooperative of the Palm Beaches
|Lake Worth Beach
|North Palm Beach
|West Palm Beach
What you get
Enjoy these amazing perks when you sign up for a Palm Beach County Library Card:
- Access to robust databases including a Gale Compendium.
- Access to newspapers and magazine, as well as historical newspapers spanning back over 100 years!
- Access to streaming services such as hoopla, cloudLibrary and Freegal.
- Access to life long learning services such as Udemy to learn new skills, Transparent Language to learn a second language and free tutoring through tutor.com.
- Access to our Bookmobile and permission to use our Library Book Vending Machine.
- Access to Birding Backpacks, STEM Kits, Hot Spots and more!
Print and complete an application; bring it to any branch of the Palm Beach County Library System with proof of current address and receive a library card with full borrowing privileges.