About the Wellington Branch
The Wellington Branch is located in the Village of Wellington. The library circulates a large amount of popular adult fiction, nonfiction and children's materials.
A wide variety of electronic resources, such as magazine articles, newspaper databases, and Internet access are available to the public. The library has an active children's department that offers programs to children of all ages.
By Bus: Palm Tran Route 40
From I-95: Exit at Forest Hill Boulevard (Exit 66), go west past 441 (State Road 7) and The Mall at Wellington Green, approximately 1.5 miles past the Mall turn right onto Royal Fern Drive. Turn left into the library parking lot.
From Florida’s Turnpike: Exit at Southern Boulevard (Exit 97), go west approximately 2 miles, to 441 (State Road 7) turn left and go approximately 2 miles to Forest Hill Blvd., turn right and go 1.5 miles to Royal Fern Drive. Turn right onto Royal Fern Drive and then turn left into the library parking lot.
- A separate Teen area
- Free Wi-Fi and internet access
- Five study rooms and one group study room
- A large meeting room that seats up to 100 people
- A small conference room that seats 10
- Comfortable seating and reading tables with electrical connections for laptops throughout
- Color and black and white copiers
- Self-service options at Check Out
- 6 Catalog and Electronic Database computers
- 29 Public Internet computers
- 5 Public Internet computers in the Teen area
- 22 Public Internet computers in the Children’s area
Public adult and youth computers shut down 15 minutes before the branch closes. Guest computers shut down 10 minutes before the branch closes.
East to the Florida’s Turnpike, North to Southern Blvd., West to Flying Cow Road, and South to 60th Street S.
Nearest County Libraries
Royal Palm Beach Branch (6 miles)
Greenacres Branch (8 miles)
Main Library (10 miles)
Okeechobee Blvd. Branch (10 miles)
History of the Branch
Opened: April 1997 - 8,000 sq. ft. neighborhood library
Certified Florida Yard dedicated in September 2001
Expanded: July 2007 - 30,000 sq. ft.