Palm Beach County Library System Branches Remain Open & Encourage Use of Virtual Library Services
At this time all Library locations will be open to provide computer and internet access, Wi-Fi service, research assistance and the borrowing of materials. For the safety of the public and staff, we are encouraging social distancing (approximately 6 feet to 2 meters from others) Other services impacted:
- All activities, events and meetings will be cancelled until further notice.
- The Bookmobile will be off the road until further notice.
- Computers will be available to complete your Census form.
- Early voting and election polling at library locations will continue as planned.
- We will not be accepting donations of materials from the public until further notice.
For those who are unable or reluctant to visit a branch, you are encouraged to use our virtual services.
Visit our website to access the following:
- E-books (cloudLibrary, cloudLibrary Express, hoopla, Overdrive)
A large collection fiction and non-fiction for all interests.
- Audiobooks (cloudLibrary, cloudLibrary Express, hoopla)
Enjoy listening to a book on your computer or mobile device.
- Magazines (Flipster) 66 titles of full-page, full-color magazines to view on your computer or mobile device
- Music (Hoopla and Freegal) Stream or download music from your favorite artists. E-movies and e-TV shows (hoopla)
Download or stream movies and TV shows to view on your computer or mobile device.
We also encourage you to use the following online research resources:
- Career Transitions – career guidance
- Learning Express – online learning and skills test
- Tutor.com – homework help and career assistance
- Value Line & Morning Star – to track your investments
- Consumer Reports – product information
- MedLine Plus – information about medical conditions, diseases and wellness
- Legal Forms – create your will and other legal documents
- Tech Talk – tips and tricks in technology and communication
Our Consumer Health Information Service (CHIS) is staffed by professional librarians who can provide personalized comprehensive and authoritative health information by telephone or e-mail, and will consider your inquiry confidential. This is a free service to the public. Call (561) 233-2736 or email email@example.com.