We are no longer accepting applications for in-person volunteering. Please visit our virtual volunteer opportunities below.
Cards of Cheer
Honoring Military Veterans (For Ages 12-17. Earn community service hours!)
Accepted at all branch locations through Fri, Nov 05, 2021. Our Wellington and Lantana Road Branches are currently closed for renovations.
Honor a veteran with a card! Cheer up a military veteran who is homebound or experiencing isolation due to COVID-19. Create a card that is cheerful and creative for a Talking Books Library member. Turn in completed cards and a Cards of Cheer application to any library location by Fri, Nov 05.
Your cards will be delivered to our library veterans by Thu, Nov 11, Veterans Day. 30 minutes of community service credit will be earned for every original card made. The Cards of Cheer Application is available here or at any Library branch.Card Design
- Use 8 ½ x 11 folded paper (card stock (thicker and more durable) works best, but regular, construction or copy paper is also acceptable)
- Be creative (use markers, colored pencils, etc.), please do not attach items, decorations or glitter.
- If you include an envelope, please do not seal it.
- Original, one-of-a-kind cards will be accepted, no copies or store-bought cards.
- Your card should reflect the 30 minutes of service credit that will be earned.
- Write a simple message to honor veterans for their military service.
- Something that is encouraging and kind. Please keep messages non-religious.
- You may include your first name, but no additional identifying information.
- Have a great day!
- Enjoy your book!
- Thank you for being a Library member!
- Thank you for your service as a veteran!
- Happy Veterans Day!
- Any general cheerful message will brighten the day of one of our Talking Books member veterans.
Volunteer virtual opportunities are available and you can receive community service credit! Choose a volunteer project, complete the volunteer registration form and preregister for the event. Start your volunteer adventure now!Explore More Virtual Teen Volunteer Opportunities