STEM Kits to Inspire Young Learners
STEM kits encourage children to develop an interest and skills in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. These kits offer families the chance to continue hands-on exploration of STEM topics at home. They include books, DVDs, games and other interactive materials to explore basic concepts in STEM, and they are free to check out with your Palm Beach County Library System card!
This project was made possible through the generosity of the Friends of the Palm Beach County Library System. Make sure to reserve your STEM kit today!
What is in the STEM Kit
- The backpack is a Port Authority pack with the Friends of the Palm Beach County Library System logo on it.
- Books on the related STEM topic.
- Educational games and discovery objects to enhance learning.
See What's Inside
The Counting Kit
- “Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3,” by Bill Martin Jr. and Michael Sampson
- “Ten Black Dots,” by Donald Crews
- “The Very Hungry Caterpillar,” by Eric Carle
- Magnetic counting board
- Counting match-ups
The Insect Kit
- "The Big Book of Bugs," by Yuval Zommer
- "From Caterpillar to Butterfly," by Deborah Heiligman
- "Honey Bees," by Jill Esbaum
- "National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Bugs," by Catherine D. Hughes
- "Behold the Beautiful Dung Beetle" (DVD)
- Bugs discovery kit
Library members can place a hold on these items from the Library’s online catalog to be sent to any branch.Search the Collection