Need help finding grants? Use the Library’s funding research tools to research funding opportunities for both individuals and nonprofit organizations to access grantmaker directories, books on fundraising and nonprofit management, and the Foundation Center’s electronic resources. These fully searchable databases include detailed profiles of all active U.S. foundations, an extensive file of recent grants awarded by the nation's top funders, and interactive mapping tools. All of these resources are hosted by the Library as part of the Funding Information Network of the Foundation Center, the nation’s leading authority on philanthropy.
Note: Foundation Center electronic resources can only be accessed on the computers at the Main Library at 3650 Summit Boulevard, West Palm Beach, FL 33406
Need more training? We offer Foundation Directory Online workshops each month. For more information, call 561-233-2600.
Funding Research Databases
- Foundation Directory Online (FDO) * The Foundation Directory Online (FDO) is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. *Only available at the Main Library.
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online *Searchable online resource devoted to foundations that provide funding for individuals, including educational, arts, and cultural support. *Only available at the Main Library.
- GrantspaceFree information and resources specifically designed to help grant seekers.
- Glasspockets A Foundation Center initiative to bring transparency to the world of philanthropy.
- Grants.govInformation on how to find and apply for all federal grants.
- Florida Department of State Grants GuideInformation on grants awarded by the state of Florida.
- Ask Us!Need more detailed information directly from the source? The Foundation Center's online librarians answer questions relating to nonprofits, foundations, fundraising, and more.