About the Glades Road Branch
The Glades Road Branch Library serves as the neighborhood library to west Boca Raton. This location lends a large number of popular adult fiction, nonfiction and children's materials.
A wide variety of online resources, e-books and e-audiobooks, such as magazine articles, online newspaper resources and internet access are available to the public. Hands-on computer training for novices and the more experienced is available. The library has an active children's section that offers activities to children of all ages.
The Glades Road Branch serves the south end of unincorporated Palm Beach County from Boynton Beach to the Broward County line.
History of the Branch
- Opened: September 1975, leased 1,459 square feet. In Sandelfoot Cove.
- Expanded: November 1981, leased 4,975 square feet. In Piccadilly Square.
- Opened Regional Library: November 1991, 24,000 square feet.
- Renovated May 2010. A one-acre protected cypress preserve is on the site.
Boca Raton, FL 33434
- 6 catalog computers.
- 18 Public internet computers.
- 3 guest computers (express email).
- 1 Library Card Registration at Member Services.
- 13 Public internet computers in the children’s section.
- 1 catalog computer in the children's section.
- 1 children's AWE Tablet.
- 5 teen computers.
Public adult and children's computers shut down 15 minutes before the branch closes.
Self-Service Fax Machine (Outgoing Only)
- To U.S., Canada, and the Caribbean
- $1.75 for the first page.
- $1.00 for each additional page.
- $3.95 for the first page.
- $3.45 for each additional page.
- Pay by credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express or Discover) or prepaid fax card. No coin box.
Palm Tran QUIK Pass
- Unlimited 31-Day Pass (Full)
- Unlimited 31-Day Pass (Reduced)
- Flash Drives (2GB): $5
- Tote Bags: $1
- Ear Buds: $5