About the Belle Glade Branch
The Glades area branches, Belle Glade, Pahokee (Loula V. York Branch) and South Bay (Clarence E. Anthony Branch), serve the 38,000 residents of rural, agricultural western Palm Beach County.
The Belle Glade Branch has a growing collection of urban fiction, as well as a wide variety of online resources, such as magazine articles, online newspaper resources and internet access. The branch has an active children’s section that offers activities to children of all ages. It also has a computer to help adults learn to read. Tutors and students, and some students on their own, may use library resources to reach their reading goals. If you are interested in helping teach someone to read or know someone who needs help learning to read, call the branch.
Although the main service area is the city of Belle Glade, library service is provided to all other areas of the Glades. The Belle Glade Branch serves as the geographical hub for western Palm Beach County.
History of the Branch
- Size: 17,000 square feet.
- Opened on Mar 23, 2013 across from Lake Shore Middle School.
Belle Glade, FL 33430
- 6 catalog computer.
- 22 public internet computers.
- 8 public internet computers in the teen section.
- 10 public internet computers in the children’s section.
Public adult and children's computers shut down 15 minutes before the branch closes.
Self-Service Fax Machine (Outgoing Only)
- To U.S., Canada, and the Caribbean
- $1.75 for the first page.
- $1.00 for each additional page.
- $3.95 for the first page.
- $3.45 for each additional page.
- Pay by credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express or Discover) or prepaid fax card. No coin box.
Palm Tran QUIK Pass
- Unlimited 31-Day Pass (Full)
- Unlimited 31-Day Pass (Reduced)
- Flash Drives (2GB): $5
- Tote Bags: $1
- Ear Buds: $5