Get the Birding Supplies You Need
Why birding backpacks? Palm Beach County is a world-renowned destination for birders and nature lovers, and the Library System has maintained one of the largest ornithological collections in the Southeast United States for over 35 years, thanks to its partnership with the Audubon Society of the Everglades. This new venture will allow the Library to serve as a resource for both novice and expert birders.
This project was made possible through the generosity of the Friends of the Palm Beach County Library System, the Audubon Society of the Everglades and R.J. Roberts & Co. Make sure to reserve your birding backpack today!
What is in the Birding Backpack
The birding backpack is a kit that includes everything you need to enjoy your next birding adventure, and it’s free to check out with your Palm Beach County Library System card! Each backpack has enough pockets for you to carry water bottles, sunscreen, hats and anything else you may need on a beautiful Florida day.
Contents in the Backpack
- The backpack is an OGIO Fugitive Pack with the Library & Audubon Society logos on it.
- An adult binocular: Vanguard Spirit XF 8420.
- 2 children’s binoculars: BlueCabi 6x21mm by Bresser.
- A laminated copy of “Florida Birds: A Folding Pocket Guide to Familiar Species ISBN: 9781583551059.
- Lens wipes.
- Moleskine Cahier Blank Notebook (5.5” x 3.5”).
- Audubon Society of the Everglades Birding Locations pamphlet.
- Palm Beach County Parks & Recreation Park Guide.
Library members can place a hold on these items from the Library’s online catalog to be sent to any branch.Search the Collection