Dig Into Reading
Dig Into The Past
Books for Younger Readers
- Bones, Bones, Dinosaur Bones Barton, Byron A cast of characters looks for, finds, and assembles some dinosaur bones.
- When Dinosaurs Came with Everything Broach, Elise Although his mother is a little worried, a young boy is delighted to discover that every shop in town is giving away real dinosaurs to their customers.
- Dinosnore DiPucchio, Kelly Relates the earth changing consequences of millions of nights of raucous snoring by sleeping dinosaurs.
- Where's the Dinosaur? Moseley, Keith Grandfather, George, and Meg the dog are on the hunt again, this time searching for dinosaurs on a remote island, in an "I Spy" book that features tactile elements and more than ninety dinosaurs to find.
- If the Dinosaurs Came Back Most, Bernard A young boy who wishes for the return of dinosaurs imagines how useful they would be.
- Suppose You Meet a Dinosaur Sierra, Judy Illustrates basic polite behavior that one might need to use while grocery shopping at the same time as a dinosaur.
- Dinosaur Roar! Stickland, Paul Illustrations and rhyming text present all kinds of dinosaurs, including ones that are sweet, grumpy, spiky, or lumpy.
- Edwina, the Dinosaur Who Didn't Know She Was Extinct Willems, Mo Everyone in town loves Edwina the dinosaur except one little boy who is determined to prove to everyone, including Edwina, that dinosaurs are extinct.
For Older Readers
- Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones Adler, David When she notices some bones missing from a dinosaur skeleton exhibited in the museum, a young girl with a photographic memory tries to discover who has been taking them and why.
- The Magic School Bus in the Time of the Dinosaurs Cole, Joanna One twist of the dial and the Magic School Bus transforms into a time machine that travels back to the prehistoric age, making pit stops in the Mesozoic Era and meeting dinosaurs along the way.
- Ultimate Dinopedia: the Most Complete Dinosaur Reference Ever Lessem, Don Shares in-depth information about all currently known dinosaur species such as physical characteristics, diet and discovery dates.
- Dinosaur Discovery: Everything You Need to be a Paleontologist McGowan, Christopher Uses hands-on activities to present information about dinosaurs and to show how paleontologists study the prehistoric creatures.
- Dinosaurs Before Dark Osborne, Mary Pope Eight-year-old Jack and his younger sister Annie find a magic treehouse, which whisks them back to an ancient time zone where they see live dinosaurs.
- Pyramid Putnam, James Looks at the secrets of the monumental structures of the ancient world, from the tombs of Egypt to the pyramids of Central America.
- The Red Pyramid Riordan, Rick After their father's research experiment at the British Museum unleashes the Egyptian god Set, Carter and Sadie Kane embark on a dangerous journey across the globe.
- Treasure Steele, Philip Examines various treasure objects that have been lost and recovered by explorers and scientists throughout history.